John's Email Alerts Set Up Tips
Here are some great tips to help you get yourself setup to receive an automated e-mail of a new match for your property search (this occurs when a Realtor uploads a new listing in the MLS data base that matches your search criteria). Once you have signed in and registered, I can turn the system on so that you can have much more information than just a summary.
If you need any assistance with using the web site, or need additional information of any property, or if you would like to view any homes, just let me know.
Here are my recommendations for the Web Site Setup:
- I recommend using a broad range in your search fields such as:
- Price range from - $100,000 to $175,000
- Bedrooms – 1 to 5
- Bathrooms – 1 to 3
You can always delete the new match. Receiving a notice of a new property match that may not be exactly what you are looking for can also help give you a better understanding of the market. Our county’s MLS generally gets about 5 to 10 listings per week.
- In the city search field, be sure to hold down the control key button to click on additional cities that you are interested in. They will light up in a blue color for each one that you select.
- I don’t recommend using the below listed fields/categories in the web site. They narrow your search fields and you might miss a property that is close to your match. You can always delete the new match if you don’t want to keep it in your favorites.
- MLS area field
- Ownership type
- Land use
Filling these fields out narrows your matches for properties and you might miss a property that is close to your searches.
- Once you have entered your search criteria, such as price, range of bedrooms and bathrooms and which city or cities, be sure to hit the save button. You will not receive an e-mail of a new match unless you save your search criteria.
- If you are searching for more than one property type, enter in a new user name and password and make sure that you save your search criteria.
If you have any question on using the web site, or of any properties, just let me know.